CORTO.REV is looking for a Senior Director, Enterprise IT Architecture Direction and Initiatives for TC TRANSCONTINENTAL.
A world organization with its decision-making center in Quebec, the growing company is the leader in flexible packaging in North America. TC has 8,000 employees worldwide, in 39 production facilities, with 2020 revenues of $ 2.6 billion.
This is a new position created within a diverse, collaborative and passionate team with an entrepreneurial DNA! With us, no politics!
The position is based in Montreal, with 10% international travel.
You will thrive in this role if you are:
- An entrepreneur with a passion for the field, who seeks to understand the operations and the people who work there.
- Used to presenting to senior management and working as well with business unit leaders as with IT department resources.
- A conductor who ties the pieces together, surrounds himself with the best and performs / delivers / prioritizes.
- An intrapreneur who dares to take calculated risks; we are an SME with a turnover of 3 billion, we can afford to « test things » quickly, correct, and start over.
- « Transparent, open-minded, who likes to challenge and be challenged.
Your mission: Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for defining the vision and orientations of the technology architecture while ensuring alignment during the execution of key initiatives.
By ensuring proximity to operations leaders and understanding the organization’s priorities and vision, you will be actively involved in the positioning of projects, the choice of solutions and the support of the teams during the execution.
You will be be an active member of the TC Transcontinental Information Technology Group Senior Management Committee.
You will supervise and be assisted by a senior resource to ensure that projects are scheduled according to business priorities and the delivery capacity of the various IT and operational groups.
- Acts as an expert to senior management by supporting the teams in place in the implementation of key recommendations.
- Defines information technology orientations and ensures their approval and dissemination.
- Provides governance, principles, practice, and documentation of architecture
- Participates in the implementation, evolution, dissemination, and control of an enterprise architecture practice.
- Advises, develops, and participates in the approval of technological choices,
- Evaluates investments and solutions by ensuring business value and alignment with corporate priorities
- Develops target architectures and transition plans (road map) for all technologies
- Participates in the selection of projects according to the strategies and priorities of the organization’s operations.
- Maintains the project backlog and determines the scheduling of projects based on business priorities and the ability to deliver of the various IT and business groups.
- Supports delivery teams through the project delivery cycle.
- Analyzes technological trends in the field of manufacturing and corporate systems to identify emerging technologies in different aspects (Digitalization, Manufacturing 4.0, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics, Corporate Systems (Financial, HR, etc.)
1st year objectives:
- Visiting factories, getting closer to the field, and creating bonds of trust by asking questions and listening to understand the operations and their history.
- Resolving alignment emergencies in the short term: creating allies, understanding who to tie up with quickly, creating synergy between operational manufacturing and operational IT.
- Starting to share your expertise with the business by defining the vision and direction of the technology architecture while ensuring alignment during the execution of different initiatives.
Why join the team:
- You will join a fast growing and evolving global organization.
- You will work with a team of passionate experts, who support each other and actively collaborate.
- You will work hand in hand with the CIO and be exposed to all levels of the organization (the board, board, factories, etc.).
- You will have all the tools at your disposal to meet this challenge (coaching, training, budget, latitude).
Education and experience required:
- Hold a university degree in computer science or equivalent
- Have more than fifteen (15) years of experience in computer science, including five (5) years of experience as a senior architect
- Entrepreneurial profile and ability to take measured risks and implement scalable solutions.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing domain (application, integration and non-infrastructure)
- Have participated, in a senior role, in major projects Ex: (ERPs, Manufacturing 4.0 (MES, maintenance, virtual reality), unification of operational chains, positioning of corporate systems such as finance and HR, etc.)
- Have an analytical and synthetic mind
- Knowledge of traditional, iterative and agile development methodologies
- Communication, writing and outreach skills to senior management
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written French/English (Spanish – an asset)
If you are curious about this opportunity, please contact Sylvie Malo: email@example.com