CORTO. REV is looking for a CVO/CFO for enim to accompany them in achieving their mission and accelerating their growth.
ENIM is a Quebec sustainable development start-up with very high international growth potential, specializing in managing obsolete electronic waste – urban mining.
The main investors: Séneca Experts Conseils and Dundee sustainable technologies
Your mission: As Chief Value Officer (CVO), you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a multi-capital vision that links enim’s business model, i.e. financial, environmental, human, social and intellectual capital. In this role, you will work closely with the management team and report directly to the CEO.
Enim’s mission: To revalue the resource in an innovative way to contribute to a sustainable future that meets the current needs of society without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. enim’s low-footprint hydrometallurgical process transforms obsolete electronic equipment into exploitable resources through a local, sustainable, and economical circular economy approach.
Managing obsolete e-waste presents a critical environmental issue for the planet, as none of the options on the market allow components to be recycled or recovered responsibly. Enim’s hydrometallurgical process harvests up to 99% of the critical and strategic minerals included in obsolete electronic equipment, transforming our society into a real urban mine.
- Contribute to enim’s business strategy from a long-term perspective by identifying the main tangible and intangible value factors (ESG: Environmental, Social and Governance) within the company and integrating them into control, risk management and decision-making processes:
- enim’s financial performance and growth potential.
- The organization’s practices in natural resource management, greenhouse gas emission reduction, waste management, etc.
- Its relationships with its employees, customers, suppliers and the communities in which it operates, as well as aspects relating to health and safety, diversity and inclusion.
- Its governance structure, transparency and ethics of its management practices, executive compensation, shareholder relations, etc.
- Develop and implement an ESG business model that creates a real competitive advantage for enim and enhance it with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop financial strategies and propose innovative financing structures to support the company’s growth. Analyze/recommend the most appropriate business models and seek and negotiate corporate financing with various investors.
- Optimize enim’s legal and tax structure to support innovative business model(s).
- Identify and manage risks that may affect the international development of the organization and ensure that financial activities comply with financial, tax and corporate regulations.
- Be responsible for acquisition activities.
- Recruit, motivate, develop, and lead a team capable of achieving the company’s objectives. Develop and maintain a strong organizational culture and healthy work environment:
Objectives of the 1st year:
- Elaborate financial strategies, propose innovative financing structures and leverage funding
- Develop financial systems and reporting tools for CA and investors (integrated ESG report)
- Optimize cash and cash flow management
You will thrive in this position if:
- Environmental issues fascinate you; you want to contribute to the social mission of an integrated and fast-growing international ESG company.
- You have an appetite for risk, innovation, helping to define something new, which does not exist!
- You know how to generate multiple ideas, you perceive synergies where others do not, you dare to make innovative proposals, and you know how to influence others with tact to get them to consider different avenues.
- You like to think and work in a team, debate frankly and develop authentic and transparent relationships.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a finance and accounting manager in high-growth companies, including at least 3 years as a member of an executive committee that has interacted with a board of directors or an advisory committee
- CPA or CFA
- Experience in developing and managing integrated ESG reports
- Solid expertise and experience in managing financing rounds
- Relevant achievements in the implementation of legal structures and innovative financial arrangements
- Relevant work experience in industries with high environmental impact and sustainable development
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, an asset
- International experience, an asset
- CVO training, an asset
Skills and qualities sought:
- Strategic thinking, understands the effects of technology on multi-capital accounting
- Influences, develops strong relationships of trust with partners
- Able to operate in a complex and dynamic environment
- Appetite for risk
- Operational creativity
- Autonomy and leadership
- Adaptability and self-development
- Rigor and professional ethics
- Mastery of tools/methodologies in business model analysis
- Very good knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
- Another language, an asset
If you are interested in this position, please contact Sylvie Malo: firstname.lastname@example.org