CORTO.REV is recruiting a Manager, Talent Acquisition who will be the right hand of the Director, Talent Planning and Acquisition. You will be responsible for all aspects of operations management and the excellence of recruitment practices at BDC.
Do you have a solid track record in project management, head hunting, coaching managers, and developing training/sharing your knowledge with your colleagues on best recruitment practices? Do you now aspire to a management role?
What if we add « without having an additional recruitment load »? (Unless it is very important for you not to « lose your touch » and in that case, we will adjust the role accordingly)
This is a golden opportunity for you!
- We are recognized for the excellence of our D&I practices.
- Talent acquisition is highly strategic, and the budgets/resources that are given to us reflect this.
- Our tools allow us to make the numbers speak for themselves and to have high visibility with senior management.
- Our talent acquisition team is not overloaded with hires: the load is distributed so that everyone can deliver the level of quality expected and our level of commitment is at its highest!
Talent Planning and Acquisition Team:
Céline Moreau, Director, Planning and Talent Acquisition, your manager, also directly manages 5 Senior Talent Acquisition Advisors. With your arrival on the team, she will be able to focus more on workforce planning, talent acquisition strategies, employer brand and diversity.
As Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will directly manage 4 Talent Acquisition Advisors and 3 Coordinators. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the operations of the entire team and coaching all recruiters. You will also be required to train our managers directly on specific topics in best recruitment practices.
Your mission as Head of Talent Acquisition has 3 main focuses:
- Manage the operations and day-to-day of the Talent Acquisition team:
- Distribute the workload
- Manage and monitor KPIs
- Manage team capacity and make decisions accordingly (recruitment, outsourcing, etc.)
- Develop and manage the performance of your direct reports
- Develop advanced training and coach the team of recruiters:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that each recruiter uses their full potential and is equipped / trained / coached in best recruitment practices
- You will directly train managers to enhance their added value in the talent acquisition process
- Project Management (20%) :
- As with all team members, a portion of your work will be dedicated to managing a high-visibility project internally, based on your interests
Your goals for the first year:
- You have positioned yourself as an essential partner for both the talent acquisition team and for managers: you are recognized for your expertise and knowledge of best talent acquisition practices, your maturity, and your ability to “make projects happen”.
- You have done an in-depth analysis of the level of maturity of the team, both in terms of knowledge and behavior, and you are proposing a clear action plan.
- Your ability to be a « proximity coach » is already making a difference, both for managers and recruiters.
You will be happy with us if you recognize yourself:
- Bac + 12 years in talent acquisition, including senior positions and the management of internal clients at the executive level;
- Bilingualism (French, English)
- Passionate about diversity, convinced of the richness it brings;
- You have an exceptional sense of the client / the candidate / the team; you like to train others, keep up to date with the best on the market and share your knowledge. You know how to give feedback;
- You make things happen, you show initiative, you like to “take charge” and are recognized for your work structure and the maturity of your approach;
- Confident in your abilities, you take initiatives and propose new avenues. You are definitely solution oriented.
Conditions of employment:
Permanent full-time position (35h/week), based in Montreal. 3 days/week telework policy (post-Covid)
Highly competitive base salary and variable compensation of 12%. REEP, Wellness account, flexible benefits program, 20 days of vacation/year with the possibility of buying a 5th week from the 2nd year on the job. Finally, our annual investment in learning is far greater than that of most Canadian employers.
BDC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers since 2010 https://www.bdc.ca/en/careers/corporate/diversity
No other bank does what we do.
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We are dedicated to Canadian entrepreneurs. We are also dedicated to our employees. Versatile. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we love working here, and we think you will too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. These are more than just words for BDC. These concepts are the basis of our success and our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to provide a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive and, for more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions you can make in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, gender identity and expression, nation of background, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
With us, you will be able to achieve the work/life balance you seek, thanks to competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices and, for specific roles, the ability to work remotely, from reserves, and/or within your community.
Important point to consider
Vaccination policy for COVID-19: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, our customers and the community are a top priority for us. Effective November 8, 2021, BDC requires all employees and consultants to be fully vaccinated. A solemn declaration will be requested to this effect.
If you have read this far and are interested in the opportunity, please contact Sylvie Malo: firstname.lastname@example.org